Syrah (Tuscany, Italy) 2001- Fontodi "Case Via"
Sitting here in Boston drinking a previous-night-opened bottle with su madre. I guess that would mean this wine has had more than enough time to breath. Not sure how that is going to affect the taste. I could probably tell you what it tasted like last night when it was first opened, but that was pretty late and was about the 7th and final bottle to be opened. So needless to say, I dont exactly clearly recall what it was like at the time. I guess you would call this round two.
Coloration of the wine is a very deep purple. The first scent I get when I shove my nose into the glass is damp, rotting forest. Not so sure whether that is the result of the extensive "breathing" it has endured, or whether thats what I should be smelling. There is also a good amount of strawberry and just a little vanilla. The taste of this syrah is terrific. Very rich. A hint of peach with a lot of what su madre calls "smoked cotton candy." excellent.
Coloration of the wine is a very deep purple. The first scent I get when I shove my nose into the glass is damp, rotting forest. Not so sure whether that is the result of the extensive "breathing" it has endured, or whether thats what I should be smelling. There is also a good amount of strawberry and just a little vanilla. The taste of this syrah is terrific. Very rich. A hint of peach with a lot of what su madre calls "smoked cotton candy." excellent.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home